Are you preparing for AIPMT exam? Then, have a look at the crucial information that is given about this test:
Eligibility Criteria for AIPMT
- Those who are preparing for this test needs to be of 17 years of age at the time of admission or should complete 17 years on 31st December of admission year.
- Except for the states, of J & k and Andhra Pradesh, upper age limit for those who are appearing for this test is 25 years on 31st December (Year in which entrance is being given). For reserved class category students like SC/ST and OBC, an age relaxation of 5 years has been given. But upper age limit for those institutes and universities, who are participating in AIMPMT other than 15% quota colleges, will have their own guidelines for it.
- J & K and Andhra Pradesh candidates are eligible to AFMC, Pune exam.
- All Indian national can give exam, but for overseas students, they need to comply with certain guidelines given in detail in information brochure.
- 12th studying students can also give exam, but needs to fulfill these requirements during counseling process.
- For 12th pass students- General- 50% marks in aggregate including Physics, Biology and Chemistry together- But should pass in each subject.
For SC/ST/OBC students 40% in total.
For PH students-general- 45% and for SC/ST/OBC-40%
How to Apply for AIPMT
All forms for this exam will be filled online, on this link www.aipmt.nic.in. Forms after completion need to be submitted online only. Scanned copy of photographs, and sign in JPEG format needs to be uploaded there. After that, a conformation page will need to be taken printout and sent to the CBSE office. Candidates must download the information bulletin for this exam and read it carefully before applying. Some of the key areas to look for are eligibility.
Fees payment can be made through Debit card or credit card or even with the e Challan which is generated at the end of the application process. One copy of the same needs to be retained by the candidate sending it to CBSE office. Fee details are given below.
Fee Details for AIPMT Form
For general students and other backward class: They need to pay Rs 1000/- for the application form. Plus other Rs 1000/-(One thousand), in case they are submitting forms late.
For SC/ST/PH- Rs 550/ (Five hundred Fifty) – needs to be paid and another Rs 1000/- as a late fee, if they haven’t submitted the form on time.
- Window period to fill forms- 1-12-2013 to 31-12-2013.
- Last date of receiving filled conformation page is- 10-01-2014.
- Schedule to fill forms with late fees- 1-1-2014 to 31st January 2014.
- Last date to receive conformation page with late fees- 05-02-2013.
Number of seats and Reservation in various other institution participating
AIPMT don’t have a college of its own like IIT, there is a 15% reserved quota for students in various state government medical colleges. In a Whole there are 3000-3500—seats that are present in AIPMT. But this time there are other colleges also who are participating in it, but candidates needs to check their portals for the eligibility.
Tips for Preparing AIPMT
- Candidates are needed to practice as much as sample possible.
- After board exam, less time is available for studying subjects, so practicing sample is necessary.
- Study main points only and don’t waste time studying those topics who you will never master.
- Take test series from a good place and try to solve them.
- Make a routine of studying different subject in one day, it is necessary for better understanding.